Frequently Asked Questions
Our physical therapists are dedicated, highly educated, licensed health care professionals who help patients improve or restore their mobility. In many cases, we help our patients reduce their pain, avoid the need for surgery, and mitigate the long-term use of prescription medications and their side effects.
Have questions about our services? Check out our list of frequently asked questions.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
Please have your prescription and insurance card available when you call. This will allow us to verify your insurance benefits and provide you with an estimate of coverage.
To bring on your first visit:
- A prescription (if needed) for physical therapy from your referring physician, ARNP, or PA.
- Insurance information (we will make a copy of your card).
- Print out the patient forms, fill them out, and bring them with you.
- In case of an automobile accident or worker’s compensation claim, also bring any case manager or insurance adjuster contact names, phone numbers, and claim number.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to complete any remaining paperwork, so you can maximize your time in your evaluation.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your problem areas.